It’s not at all surprising to see a lot of women embarking their journey on a fitness regime and healthy lifestyle or taking medications for managing health ailments like PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) as it is quite common these days. But do you know that there are a few superfoods that help alleviate and manage the symptoms of PCOS? All you need to do is add them to your daily diet to see the magic happen!
1. Flaxseeds/ Linseed/ Alsi: It is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids. When added to your PCOS diet, it helps in reducing testosterone levels, promotes glucose metabolism and improves lipid profile, all of which help manage and control of PCOS
2. Fenugreek Seeds/ Methi Seeds: It promotes glucose metabolism and improves insulin resistance. Further, it helps in balancing your hormones.
3. Spearmint Tea: It’s an almost secret superfood in the PCOS world. Long term use can reduce hirsutism and testosterone levels. It helps to restore follicular development thereby promoting ovulation
4. Ashwagandha/ Ginseng- Is great for balancing hormones, improves stress and symptoms of PCOS
5. Holy Basil/ Tulsi- Is a queen of herbs that helps reduce blood sugar levels, prevent weight gain, controls androgens & lowers stress hormone (cortisol).
Incorporate these superfoods into your daily routine and see the magic happen!